Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Flowers and some progress

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
-Anne Frank

I have to credit my mom for the gorgeous flowers and trees growing happily in front of the carcass of the house. She's up there watering all the time, and although mentioning how great it looks always elicits a response like, "Yeah, but have you seen the back yard?" it still looks wonderful in spite of whatever imperfections exist behind it.

Looks like we may be back in the house moving or removing various unsavable items in preparation for pre-demolition clean-up. It's no fun going in there and seeing things like all that once-nice furniture or the carcass of my crockpot (which wasn't burned, but got tossed out into the mess and broken). Some of it I wonder if it's even possible to move. We're going to have to completely dig out all 4 beds in my bedroom. My bed and Drew's bed completely vanished under the rubble that was the roof, and the boys' bunkbed is so heavy I don't know how it can be moved at all. Blech! Still, if it means we're making progress, I guess that's what we do, right?

(Look, Pam! I posted an update!)

No comments: